Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Seeking Employment

MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST: 1-2 years experience. This is what I typically see when I apply for jobs in my field of study. I am curious as to how one is suppose to get experience when no one will hire you? Kind of like a dog chasing its tail, getting nowhere fast. At times it can get a little depressing, but I refuse to give up just yet.

I am building contacts so I can network, researching positions and the companies that offer them, and asking everyone I know "if they hear anything..."

I never had to look for a specific job before now. In my younger days, I took whatever job paid halfway decent, or fell into a job. Now that I have a bona fide education I need to find a career that makes my education and thousands of dollars in tuition worthwhile.

I'm very rusty at this whole thing having spent 20+ years being a stay at home mom off and on. I will never look down upon stay at home motherhood, it's the most important job in the world and not just because I did it for so many years (still doing it now). It's a real job with better pay than any corporation could ever give. I wouldn't trade a minute of it for anything.

So, like it or not, this is the life I've been thrown into...job hunting so I can raise my youngest child to adulthood as well as I did with my oldest children. Maybe even better than I did with my oldest children. The future is as bright as I make it. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment